Cool Off in Relaxed Luxury with the SGA at the End of Summer Jubilee
Linville Golf Club
Linville, North Carolina
August 27 – 30, 2018
When everyone else is suffering through the dog days of summer, join SGA this August for a cool slice of heaven in the North Carolina mountains.
Ranked in the top 40 “Courses You Can Play” by Golf Magazine, the course at Linville is beautiful and challenging. It winds along tall pines, rhododendron, and a meandering stream complete with mountain trout. The par four, 472-yard third hole was voted one of the “100 Greatest Holes in Golf” by Golfweek. Donald Ross redesigned the course in the 1920s. Linville Golf Course is a joy to play.
The Eseeola Lodge is a delightful place, with dark paneling, rich fabrics, and cozy furniture. Fresh flowers are brought in every week for all rooms of the hotel, including the guest rooms. There is a library with books to borrow and two computers with internet access. You must experience it yourself to understand the elegance and timelessness of this little inn.
The 2018 End-of-Summer Jubilee golf tournament format will be a little different from our normal one. Both Monday and Wednesday are optional days for golf. If you prefer not to play on these days, there is plenty to see and do in the local area.
Day of arrival and optional Practice Round is Monday, August 27. Tournament dates are August 28 and 30. Optional Scramble or Captain’s Choice is August 29. Day of departure is August 31.
- Monday, August 27: Check-in day with optional practice round (included in costs below), welcoming reception and four-course dinner together.
- Tuesday, August 28: First round of tournament play; Luncheon for FoGs (Friends of Golfers), cash bar, and dinner in Eseeola dining room.
- Wednesday, August 29: Optional Captain’s Choice tournament: Trip to Blowing Rock for FoGs and others not competing in Scramble. Drinks and dinner as Tuesday.
- Thursday, August 30: Second day of two-day Stroke Play Tournament, awards reception and Eseeola’s absolutely-fabulous Seafood Buffet.
- Friday, August 31: Check-out and depart. Full breakfast is included each day, plus Friday.
Most members say the food at the Eseeola Lodge is the best anywhere. Try the mountain trout, prepared a different way each evening. The cheese grits are absolutely perfect, and the desserts are creative and delicious. A four-course dinner each evening, and a full gourmet breakfast every morning in the elegantly-appointed dining room are included in all hotel plans. SGA will meet each evening before dinner for a drink in the bar area, and then go into the beautiful main dining room for dinner, where jackets are required for gentlemen.
Getting to Linville, North Carolina is not difficult. Eseeola Lodge is located two and one half hours from Charlotte and an hour and a half from Asheville. The drive over from both cities is beautiful.
SGA tournaments are open to members only. Not a member? Join today!