The SGA of America was founded in 1976 as an organization of Ladies and Gentlemen, as a means of “giving back to the game,” for all it has given us, and at the same time “growing the game,” in the proper manner.
Requirements for Membership In the SGA
1) Are Ladies and Gentlemen.
2) Respect and honor the ancient traditions of the game.
3) Are well mannered and well groomed both on and off the golf course.
4) Play a round of golf in less than 4 1/2 hours.
5) Enlist desirable candidates to make application for membership each year.
6) Replace divots, repair ball marks — Leave the golf course a little better than found.
7) Play the game according to the rules, with integrity and etiquette.
8) Are pleasant to be with — even when things are not going right.
9) Members are 50 years of age.
SGA MEMBERS LIVING OR PLAYING IN ARIZONA
AzSGA tournaments are held November through May at one of the following private clubs: Arizona Country Club, Briarwood Country Club, Firerock Country Club, Mesa Country Club, Moon Valley Country Club, Palmbrook Country Club, Phoenix Country Club, Pinnacle Peak Country Club, Tatum Ranch Country Club and Union Hills Country Club. Tournaments are typically held on Monday afternoons, depending upon club availability.
Log onto AzSGA’s website to learn more about this non-profit membership organization and to download a tournament registration form. www.arizonaseniorsgolf.org